POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Director of Special Events, the Special Events Concierge is responsible for delivering a premiere hospitality experience for our clients, guests and vendors while executing non-Oklahoma Hall of Fame-sponsored events. This position is an integral part of the special events team and requires an organized, detail-oriented person with strong customer service skills and time management skills. Experience in event planning, weddings or in the hospitality industry required. This is a part-time position based on scheduled events; evenings, weekends and some holidays are required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing and executing on-site events at the Oklahoma Hall of Fame while ensuring the safety and security of the Gaylord-Pickens Museum.
- Greet clients, guests and vendors in a friendly and kind manner making them feel welcome. Provide an exceptional customer service experience for all clients and their guests.
- Foster strong relationships with our catering partners, event planners, security representative and third-party vendors.
- Be courteous, tactful and helpful but firm in enforcing event policies and procedures. Must be able to have difficult conversations with clients and vendors.
- Execute banquet event orders (BEOs); confirm event set-up requests including audio visual equipment, and readiness of the building.
- Ensure property is tidy at the end of every event.
- Attend weekly BEO meeting and final walkthrough event meetings, as needed.
- Accept other duties as required by management.
- 2+ years’ experience in Customer Service, Event Planning or Hospitality Service Industry.
- Must be able to multi-task and be comfortable in high stress environments while remaining professional and courteous.
- Possess basic knowledge of local lodging, attractions, restaurants and destinations.
- A clean appearance and professional demeanor. Dress code is business casual, in dark colors; black, navy or dark gray.
- Flexible schedule—including nights, weekends, and some holidays.
- Outgoing personality.
- Knowledge of Triple Seat Event software and All Seated event software a plus.
PHYSICALDEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, sit and stand; must have visual acuity to read printed reports and create reports. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee will work year-round in both an indoor and outdoor environment. The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud.
The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
- Complete in their entirety the Employment Application and the Consent to Background Check.
- Email completed forms, current resume and cover letter detailing your experience to April Waggoner.